Your friendly adviser on different swimming pool issues.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Pool Opening is as Easy as 1, 2, 3
Summer is fast-approaching and pool owners should get their pool ready for the coming swimming season. I bet your pool is currently on the pool closing state. Winter pool cover still hides the crystal clear water while pool-lovers look forward for the pool opening.
Just as laborious as pool closing, pool opening requires a lot of patience and diligence. If you are having a hard time looking for ways on how to open your pool, here are some steps which you can do to make pool opening as easy as 1, 2, 3:
1. Drain the water off the top surface of the winter pool cover. You can use pool cover pump to eliminate the water for easier pool cover removal. Also, remove all the dirt and debris that have accumulate on the pool cover.
2. Carefully remove the pool cover avoiding damages on its surface. Clean and dry it up first before you store it to prolong its product life.
3. Reconnect the pool equipment such as pool pump, pool heater and pool filter. Rest the circuit if you turned off the power breaker to the pool pump and heater. Filtration hoses should also be reconnected and all valves should be opened. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines in performing this step.
4. Once all the equipment are reconnected, add more water to the pool. Since you lessen the water when you started pool closing, you need to increase the water up to the desired level.
5. Clean the pool and adjust the pH level of the water. Use pool vacuum to eliminate all the dirt and debris that have penetrated the water during the winter season. Brush off dirt from pool walls and bottoms as well as the ladders and decks. Using a pH testing kit, check the pH level of the water and adjust it if needed. Add pool chlorine to kill all the germs and bacteria making the pool safe to use this summer. You can also install new pool liner to enhance the look of your pool for the summer season.